May 6, 2013: I still haven't recovered from my tendinitis... AND I have no money either

Whichever the correct spelling: tendinitis or tendonitis... I still haven't recovered from "it."

To recap starting in Mid-March, I ran home from a bar in dress shoes; this spur-of-the-moment run destroyed my feet and knees, and resulted in shin splints, (see this post). History repeats itself, and this time, I decided to return from the bar using a Hubway bike, namely, the new bike-sharing system in the Boston area. I was so excited to go meet my girlfriend that I probably pedaled faster than Armstrong (my blood at this time was equally intoxicated).


Lance, at age 2

As a matter of fact, my foot, which just started to feel better, was hurting again. Badly. My next appointment to the podiatrist is May 15th.  That's actually the day where I have to go to court for my speeding ticket (see this post). Meanwhile, I've been icing my fee every hour on the hour: my left foot for the pain, and my right foot so I remember to drive carefully. Alea jacta est.

"Running is the cheapest sport, you only need good shoes." Not when you wanna race. Not when you're injured. Not when you're a dickhead. Since I registered for the marathon 3 months ago, my marathon related expenses are as follow:

- Chicago marathon entry fee - $175
- Hotel in Chicago - $600
- Airplane ticket - $300
- Podiatrist x2 - $80
- Advil, Motrin - $20
- Sports bandages - $20
- Bluetooth heart rate monitor and running apps - $90
- Sports armband for Nexus 4 - $20
- Brooks Dyad 7 - $95
- Gatorade, about 1 pack a week - $70
- Protein shakes, about 3 a week - $100
- Chocolate chips oat bars, 2 before each workout - $50
- Penetrex x2 - $40
- Arnicare Gel - $20
- Arnica Montana - $20
- Books about running - $25
- Epsom salts - $5
- 5k and half-marathon entry fees - $100
- Gym membership, 3 months - $180

This ingenious bandaging goes for $100/ emergency visit. No, X-Rays are not included. 

Running shoes are about 100 bucks a pop. Probably made by Sri Lankan preteens for $2.

This is what $80 from the podiatrist will get you. The prescription is for standard Ibuprofen, by the way. Really no need for the pharmaceutical manpower. 

GRAND TOTAL = $2,010.


1 comment:

  1. Dude..you'd better add Bodyglide to the list or you'll get monkeybutt.

    ReplyDelete