July 18, 2013: Plantar Fasciitis? Let's see how many tendonitis injuries I can get in one foot.

Following my (very expensive) physical therapy advice, I bought a pair of Saucony Kinvara 4's. These shoes have a small heel-to-toe drop (4mm) and are very flexible, therefore your foot naturally lands in a more mid-foot/forefoot fashion, and consequently my extensor tendon is less solicited. Perfect in the beginning.

Fancy, flashy, fast. 
However, my plantar tendons are getting stressed now that I've changed my running stride. This week, I ran 4 mi without interruption with these new shoes. I haven't run that far since April 1st (that was the day of my injury, remember? I do). Well right after, my tendon under my foot was killing. Also, it seems like my back doesn't like my new way of running either. I felt pain all around my neck to middle back.

What's the point of running again? What's the point of life? Will I ever recover? Will I ever complete this stupid Chicago marathon? Will my girlfriend be proud of me one day instead of having to massage me everyday? Will this blog become so famous that I will be offered a job as a professional runner writer?

This week, I bought my plane ticket to O'Hare, a world famous of a shitshow airport. And because I'm cheap, I chose a shitshow airliner, too. Spirit. This is to add extra difficulty to the initial challenge. This is just how I am. I like when it's hard. And that's not what she said. I also booked a luxurious AirBNB room months ago. So I'm basically all set. Except I cannot even walk at this time.

One thing is sure, I'm GOING to Chicago. If I don't run, I will RAGE like the world is ending. See below a video my girlfriend made of me for my birthday.

Dance, always, forever. With or without a foot.
Alright folks, see you in a tendonitis or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment