February 17, 2013: Let da bitch know

Today I officially informed my girlfriend of my "serious" intention to run the marathon. Despite the fact that I was in her bed when I decided yesterday, she thought that these were just whimsical musings brought on by Nutella intoxication and icona pop.

When she saw my Amazon purchase for a marathon training guide, it became all too real. A self-described "psychopathic, attention-whore," my girlfriend struggled with the concept of an eight-month training program. Immediately, she launched into her passive aggressive, pugnacious tendencies.
Who would have thought this $11.99 purchase would lead to this?

This was the least violent of photos, too.


She knew this marathon would affect our relationship on a grander, horological level. Hours upon hours were to be lost running, researching, obsessing, and complaining. 

Then I called her a "selfish, unsupportive bitch." She then rolled over and napped. And then we ate chips and sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment