October 9, 2013: Almost There

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been posting anything lately, the reason why is... I was doing nothing really.

OK, I guess this doesn't qualify as nothing. It's not as hard as the picture makes you think it is, though.

I have completely stopped training since last post, but I'm still stretching a lot, mostly my painful Achilles. This morning, I spent about 30 minutes in the sauna doing my physical therapy exercises and stretches. It felt good - it was so hot that my heart was pumping like crazy. It reminded me of a scene in Dragon Ball Z that  I saw when I was a kid. Not sure how much you guys know about this anime/cartoon but there was a capsule that traveled in space where you can train with a multiplied gravity (up to 300 times!).

Chicago MaraaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAthon.

What else with my life? My girl and I went the Topsfield Fair last weekend, and I got my balls hands licked by weird goats and horny ponies. That was actually quite fun, plus I got to enjoy my first turkey leg.

Eating other animals' legs makes me feel good about mine.

My girlfriend had a blast too...

If only she was as nice with me...

... until we decided to try a roller coaster.

Take that.

I will be taking the plane from Logan Airport on Friday morning. I'll be flying with my girlfriend on Spirit Airlines. Yep, that's THAT company that charges you $100 per way per piece of luggage, and you can't carry anything on...

Friday night, there is something organized by the French consulate in Chicago, a.k.a. my parents' taxes are paying for it, a.k.a. I'm definitely going.

I don't think I'll post again until after the race so... wish me good luck. And keep in mind if I finish in 6h15 I'll be VERY happy.

Also, if there is no post by October 16, 2013, it will mean that I have resigned, and in hateful wrath, I've destroyed this blog...or I died in the race. Either way, you'll never hear from me again.

NEXT STOP: CHICAGO MARATHON 2013.

1 comment: