March 1, 2013: Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome?

Classic, over-zealous dickhead move:  I started my training too strong, and too fast. After the intense past ski weekend, I felt my muscles tensing and tightening. So I forced my girlfriend to rub copious amounts of Arnicare* all over various parts of my excruciatingly sore body, all while moaning like a dying whale. After a few hours of muscle kneading and cathartic complaining, I felt much, much better. So I decided that I should go for a 7 mi long run... the next day.

 Wrong decision, bad consequences.

My knees already hurt. It's not a intense pain, but rather a 24/7 "bothering" feeling that just doesn't feel right. I gave an other try on Wednesday with 4.5 mi... Then I decided I should stop running so I jumped onto the elliptical on Thursday... and realized I forgot my red iPod nano 2nd generation at home. One hour on a treadmill without TV or music is LONG. Plus my gym isn't like the Call On Me video (confer previous post) where there are nice chicks to check out. Fuck that.

Welp, it's Friday and the pain is still there, despite intense bis in die Arnicare self-application (very rarely, I mean, I should say extremely rarely, my girlfriend is so mad at me that I have to massage myself). I guess that's what people call runner's knee. And consequences of being a dickhead.



Who knew either of these situations could affect marathon training?

Hey marathon competitors, I'm sure you haven't started training yet, but I'm already behind you! Damn you Bank of America, City of Chicago, Boiron, and those cheap patellas passed down from my Italian forefathers.

Hey bing.com, do you mind indexing my website quam primum? It's 2013 and it shouldn't take that long! Your business is appreciated.

Hey former Latin teacher, remember when I averaged 3.5/20 on your class and now I use plenty of obnoxious latin expressions in revenge?

*useless gel, but made in France... ergo it's fancy and fucking awesome.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha! Just subscribed your blog is going to crack me up. You are right haven't started training yet and already paranoid of injury. So its both of your knees? I know this is going to sound absolutely insane, but have you tried a rest day? Dare I say maybe a whole rest weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. KT Tape is your new best friend, though as a guy, you might consider shaving your legs prior to applying it.

    Also, was it both knees? That is super odd. I normally only hurt one side at a time. Wait, perhaps, I'm super odd.

    Chicago will also be my first marathon. I'm currently training for my second half in April. I have no blog and I run for a reason, but I suppose it is selfish in its' own way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. **I guess I do have a blog that I forgot about but it isn't running related and I haven't posted there in over a year. LOL

    ReplyDelete